What USB devices work?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by pwmacnewbie, May 5, 2006.

1. Henry-In-Florida

Henry-In-Florida Member

USB/RS232 Port converter

I had trouble and eventually gave up trying to get the device recognized in a program that communicated through this device more or less automatically when used on a normal XP or WIN2K machine. Appears to see it in the USB devices window, but doesn't get to the program. Not much help here yet.

2. rmwilliams4

rmwilliams4 Bit poster

My smartcard reader, an SCR3310 has not worked yet in any of the betas. I hope this will be addressed by the final release. The main benefit I gain from Parallels is the ability to access our corporate net with my mac, i.e. Exchange and file servers. I really need the smart card reader working in order to do VPN.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. dlatkins

dlatkins Junior Member

USB problem

Just to add my voice to the frey...

I'm running the latest version of Parallels Workstation on my new 13" MacBook (mid-range model with 2GB RAM upgrade). I own a USB-attached HP Officejet 7110 all-in-one printer/scanner. I downloaded the latest driver software from HP's website, and was able to get the Parallels (running Windows XP) environment to recoginze the printer and thus kick off the software installation. However, when I tried to print, it wouldn't recognize the printer.

Other than that, this product is simply awesome. I've been a long-time user of Virtual PC, but Parallels Desktop simply blows it into the weeds.

4. simplicity

simplicity Member

Were you able to get your card reader working? I am having the exact problem you've described in other posts (GemPlus Twin USB/Serial Reader)

5. dmgwork

dmgwork Member

USB fingerprint sensor works

I am able to use a USB fingerprint sensor based on the authentec chipset and this is one of the few items that does work