What versions of Windows can be run under Parallels on M3 iMac?

Aside from Windows 11 ARM which I run on my M3 iMac using the current version of Parallels, what other earlier versions of Windows can I install/run?
I have two older programs (Lotus Approach and Microsoft Links golf) which currently run on Windows 11ARM, but worried about the future as Microsoft upgrades Windows 11 and Parallels does the same thing.
Thanks,
Steve
 
On an M3 iMac (Apple Silicon), Parallels Desktop officially supports only ARM-based operating systems. The main Windows version you can reliably run is:

  • Windows 11 Pro and Enterprise editions -- officially supported by Microsoft and Parallels on M1/M2/M3 Macs


  • Windows 10 -- some older ARM builds can work, but Microsoft no longer distributes them normally, and support is inconsistent.
  • x86 versions of:
    • Windows 10
    • Windows 7
    These are not officially supported under standard Parallels virtualization on Apple Silicon because M3 Macs use ARM architecture, not Intel x86
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top