What's installed?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by frogywill, Jul 21, 2006.

1. frogywill

frogywill Junior Member

What exactly gets installed by Parallels? Does it add any kernel extension or anything like that?
    Thanks

2. constant

constant Forum Maven

That's quite a small question that would take quite a large amount of answering. Yes, it does add kernel extensions and things like that.

3. frogywill

frogywill Junior Member

I am only asking because my MBP never got "stuck" in the past. Since installing Parallels, it got stuck on the beach ball twice, forcing me to restart. (Force Quit was not available)

Both were coming out of sleep, first time Parallels had been run but was no longer running. The second one, Parallels was running.

Here are the log lines between wake from sleep and the system stuck:

Jul 20 23:58:05 [57] "loginwindow" (0x57b3) set hot key operating mode to normal
    Jul 20 23:58:05 [57] Hot key operating mode is now normal
    Jul 20 23:58:15 [57] "Parallels Desktop" (0xb19f) set hot key operating mode to normal
    Jul 20 23:58:57 [57] "Parallels Desktop" (0xb19f) set hot key operating mode to normal
    Jul 20 23:59:17 [57] "Parallels Desktop" (0xb19f) set hot key operating mode to normal
    Jul 20 23:59:31 [57] "Parallels Desktop" (0xb19f) set hot key operating mode to normal

Any clues?

4. constant

constant Forum Maven

There have been sleep problems which are documented in these forums.

A quick search should point you in the right direction.