Where is my activation key?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by fidosg, Jul 18, 2007.

1. fidosg

fidosg Junior Member

I am a little confused as to what is going on with Parallels 3.0 upgrades.

I bought my copy earlier this year with 1-year "free Upgrade Protection for one year" all good.

My question is when will I receive my activation code for Parallels 3.0? I assume this is an automated process, has anyone else out there with upgrade protection received an activation code? OR do I need to officially request one, and if so to whom do I address this request?

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light.....

2. spectre

spectre Parallels Team

fidosg,

If you still haven't received the free upgrade key automatically - please send your request with 2.5 order information (your billing email, 2.5 license key, order ID) to order-support@parallels.com and our support team will follow up on your problem.

3. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

mine took about 18 hours to come after paymant for the upgrade

worth waitng for :)

Hugh W

4. nedburke

nedburke Bit poster

I've been trying to get a reply for over a week now.
    My problem started when I purchased a new Imac and Parallels last month. When I installed Parallels (Build 3188) I could not access the Internet via Windows XP because I had an External Apple modem Dial-up. I was told I needed to download the latest version of Parallels. I did (it took over 8 hours) and then I couldn't open it because the message said I needed to purchase a new code key (even though the old one was less than a month old?) When I tried to click on PURCHASE I got an error message that the site could not be found. On top of that I can't go back to my old version because the new version (Build 4560) wrote over it and its gone. I've been trying to get SUPPORT to answer my queries without result. I can't believe I have to pay for another code key after only a month!

nedburke@earthlink.net

5. nedburke

nedburke Bit poster

I sympathize. See my message below.