Why can't I use my activation key from Legacy Desktop 11 version after reinstalling on MacPro

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by stefaniep, Mar 2, 2023.

1. stefaniep

stefaniep Bit poster

Hello,
    I tried everything I can think of to make my current Parallels version workable again. I was notified that my version of MacBook Pro (MacOS Monterey version 12.6.3) is no longer supported by the Parallels Desktop 11 permanent/legacy version for Mac. I tried to find an update for my version but was unable to find one so I reinstalled Parallels (I believe its came up to be the Parallels 17 version) and now I cannot use the Activation key. The error message that pops up after typing in the activation key states "This key cannot be used to activate Parallels Desktop". I would greatly appreciate to know why I cannot use Parallels anymore and if there is a way to fix it.? I tried contraction customer support only to find out they are not reachable via phone, chat, or email as I do not have a subscription but a permanent license so Im very hopeful to get some answers via this forum. Thank you!!!

2. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Hi Stephanie,
    The Parallels Desktop 11 license key can be used to activate Parallels Desktop 11 only which isn't compatible with macOS Monterey: https://kb.parallels.com/114381. There are two options for you: either purchase a Parallels Desktop 18 upgrade license, download Parallels Desktop 18 from the website and activate it with the new key or install and activate Parallels Desktop 11 on a Mac with macOS version not higher than macOS Sierra.

3. ParallelsU130

ParallelsU130 Member

I have a very similar problem reactivating P11 (in Mavericks) but you have not replied. I've sent you a PM.