Why is Parallels still silent on RC1 new USB issues?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by netdog, May 23, 2006.

1. netdog

netdog Hunter

For a number of us, a number of USB devices that were working under beta 6 in Windows guests are now broken with RC1. Needless to say, the lack of response by Parallels to any of these posts is cause for increased concern. Please, let us know what to expect.

2. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

The problem of broken support for some USB devices is supposed to be found. It is already fixed and will be available in RC2.

3. netdog

netdog Hunter

Good news! Thank you Andrew! Any possibility of an RC1.1 for those of us who are desperate? In any case, thank you for the response!

4. agrj

agrj Member

And what about the support for those devices, already requested, that is still not working? any idea when this will be avilable?

thanks

Aryldo

5. Andrew @ Parallels

Guys - who have working USB devices in Beta6 and it was broken in RC - please PM me your contact information. We are going to send some of you internal build with fix to verify it is OK now.

6. smpdigital

smpdigital Bit poster

Hi Andrew, looks like your inbox is full, is there any chance that the USB fix could be posted somewhere else for download?

7. Andrew @ Parallels

smpdigital,

It will be available in public RC2 build.

8. rcomeau

rcomeau Member

There are many reports of USB problems, many of them with the same error "The device is in use by another application. Please wait xx seconds and try again). Assuming that all the problems with all the USB devices with that message are due to the same problem. Can you say if this problem is fixed for RC2, or that this generic message may be for different problems?

Thanks, and I look forward to a working USB (in the absence of a complete serial port implementation that would support real Mac serial ports!)

Regards,

rcomeau

9. Jorge

Jorge Bit poster

USB problems with Real Flight R/C simulator

I installed the program Real Flight R/C Simulator and I get the error message " "USB device you are attempting to connect to the virtual machine is being used by another process. Wait 5 - 10 seconds, then try to connect the device again. If this does not help, find the application that blocked up the device and dissconnect it manually."
    HELP !!