Why would you do this (install a beta?)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by rmeyer52, Feb 26, 2007.

1. rmeyer52

rmeyer52 Member

I realize that most people who posting on this forum are doing so because they may have problems with the program and that there are prob a lot of people who have not posted who are doing perfectly fine with Parallels. I am running Vista Premium edition fine on my iMac 2.33 Mghz but have to admit that it took me quite a bit is searching to learn how to install. During my visit to this forum a couple of things are apparent:

-If you need tech support your on your own. The tech support, even when I paid for it was not existent. This in my opinion is a serious deficiency in this company. The lack of help for production releases in inexcusable.

-Don't download the beta unless you are willing to spend lots of time with problems. They cleary state that they dont support beta's on the website.

-This company is primed to get their butts kicked by a new company who values Mac users and is willing to provide the support to it's base...so watch out.

2. dmainzman

dmainzman Bit poster

Because that's what a beta is all about.
    The people asking really basic questions like "why won't isight work in windows?" probably shouldn''t be using a beta then.
    But for the rest of the questions, that's the whole point of a beta. The developers want users to run into tricky problems so that they can make it a)simpler or b)not a problem at all for the final release.

And why do we, the users, put ourselves through all that? Because we get to test cool new features that we wouldn't otherwise be able to use yet.

3. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

I run a beta because I am a user from June 2006

very happy with the inexpensive addition to my MAC
    and want to make a contribution as a way of saying THANK YOU GUYS:)

Hugh W