Wi-Fi Issue

Paul Boughton

Bit poster
I have upgraded PD4 to PD5, however after the upgrade my wi-fi will no longer connect to my network.

I have tried deleting airport.plists, repairing permissions but an unable to connect, each time experiencing a timeout error. The access point is seen but cannot be connected to. Other machines can connect fine, I even rebooted the router to make sure it was not a router issue.

Any ideas ?
 
Hi

Please send a Problem report from menu of Parallels Desktop "Help" -> "Report a Problem" and post here its number
 
I'm not sure that it is Parallels Desktop fault, since according to the system log in problem report the problem have appeared for the first time at Nov 6 17:39:07

Nov 6 17:39:07 Paul-Boughtons-MacBook airportd[1057]: Apple80211Associate() failed -3905 (Timeout),

just after wakeup from sleep:

Nov 5 21:16:29 Paul-Boughtons-MacBook loginwindow[29]: loginwindow SleepWakeCallback WILL sleep
Nov 5 21:16:29 Paul-Boughtons-MacBook loginwindow[29]: builtInAuthWindowBecameKey
Nov 6 17:39:04 Paul-Boughtons-MacBook loginwindow[29]: loginwindow SleepWakeCallback will power on,

and Parallels Desktop 5.0 install was started later at 17:40:37
Nov 6 17:40:37 Paul-Boughtons-MacBook hdiejectd[1160]: running

Just in case please try to delete the AirPort network in the System Preferences -> Network and add it back again, but likely that it will be required to contact Apple Support.

Just in case: there are no (at least, known to me) places in Parallels Desktop where it deals with Airport or Security Chain
 
Back
Top