Will Mac OS X 10.7 „Lion“ support Parallels 6.0?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Wolfgang Rausch, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Wolfgang Rausch

Wolfgang Rausch Bit poster

Will Mac OS X 10.7 „Lion“ support Parallels 6.0?

2. Larry Good

Larry Good Bit poster

Os x 10.7

I have the same question as the masses do. Why is there such deafening silence on this?

All the software houses that support what I am running currently have given answers and therefore I can plan for an upgrade with the notable exception of Parallels.

3. terryi

terryi Bit poster

Because the support here stinks IMO. You can ask a question, but apparently you can't get an answer without shelling out more money. Users of Parallels are entitled to know whether or not their Vm's are compatible with Lion without having to pay for such a simple and important answer. I think it's time to for a change.

4. David Jeffrey

David Jeffrey Bit poster

Saw somewhere that...

I was researching this earlier and I saw on this forum somewhere that a Parallels staff person said that once OS X Lion was released, the update would be released. I trust that it's already ready.... i doubt that they would not have it ready with access to the Golden Master and all of the developer information Apple would send their way.

So... I'd say be patient.

David.

5. Larry Good

Larry Good Bit poster

Thanks

Thanks for that assurance

6. ianwuk

ianwuk Bit poster

Running Lion right now, fronted of Parallels works, once you start the VM you get a message about hardware being disabled and must be enabled in the BIOS, you skip that, then you get an error saying that the Parallels driver cannot be loaded and you must restart your Mac.

Essentially, no, it doesn't work.

7. Larry Good

Larry Good Bit poster

thanks for the response !!

8. GordonW

GordonW Bit poster

Thank you for contacting Parallels Technical Support.

As I understand, you want to update MAC OSX to the Lion as soon as it releases.

I would like to inform you that Lion is still in beta version.

Parallels Desktop does not support the beta version of Lion officially. It might work with the Parallels Desktop 6.

As soon as Apple announces the official release of Lion, Parallels Desktop will announce the Lion supported build of Parallels Desktop.

When Lion is released to the public we will post and share details about its compatibility with Parallels Desktop for Mac.

We also encourage you to make sure you are running the most current version of Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac with the most recent update.

Check the Parallels Desktop build that you are using.

http://download.parallels.com/desktop/v6/docs/en/Parallels_Desktop_Users_Guide/22961.htm

If you are using any old build then please go to the URL mentioned below and download Parallels Desktop latest build 6.0.12090 and install it.

http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/download/dr/

Feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

===============================================================

As of now, I am placing this ticket on Resolved status. This does not mean that the ticket is closed.

If you have any other questions regarding the same then do reply to this mail within the 14 days, we will reopen this ticket for further assistance.

Thank you for choosing Parallels.

Have a great day ahead!

Thanks,
    --
    Pankaj Verma
    Technical Support Engineer
    Parallels

Knowledge base: http://kb.parallels.com

9. Larry Good

Larry Good Bit poster

Understood

Understood and thanks for the clarification

10. DeShawnB

DeShawnB Hunter

Hey everybody. Once Lion releases we will have more info, so until then make sure to keep checking back for more info and updates!

11. dcrinzema

dcrinzema Member

Lion is released!!

I'm downloading it now and have no idea if Parallels will run once it's installed. Where's the update guys?!?!

12. KWildes

KWildes Bit poster

Hey dcrinzema, did it work. Post your results here when you have time.

13. DeShawnB

DeShawnB Hunter

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  14. kozchris

kozchris Bit poster

Please post if you have success using Parallels with Lion. I already see one person posted that it is not working as of today.

15. juliaplow

juliaplow Hunter

Please make sure you have the latest build of Parallels Desktop in order to run Lion. Use the product built-in auto-updater: Go to the 'Parallels Desktop' menu and click on 'Check for Updates'. Parallels Desktop will automatically connect to the Parallels update site and download the latest build.

16. DeShawnB

DeShawnB Hunter

17. bigchiefmunkey

bigchiefmunkey Bit poster

I can confirm that i was running 6.0.12092 (with an XP vm in suspended state when I installed lion) and it came back from sleep fine.

I did just check for updates and there's a new one. So I'll apply that one too.

I really should have looked before I leaped - in the middle of the install I nearly panicked when I realized PD6 might not work. heh

18. kozchris

kozchris Bit poster

I am running 6.0.12092 also. When i used the parallel updater this morning it said i was running latest version. They must have just released the update.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  19. Larry Good

Larry Good Bit poster

Parallels Lion Spaces Problem

1. I downloaded Lion with no problem
    2. I downloaded and updated parallels
    3. It starts
    4. It starts my VM

Problem:

Though I can see the VM running in the little icon box in the virtual machine list I cannot see the virtual machine in any of my desktop screens

It seems as though the new spaces has changed.

Any idea how to address this?

20. David Jeffrey

David Jeffrey Bit poster

Certified Lion Compatible

I notice on the main page Parallels shows as being compatible.

So that's good news. :)

Let's see if it bears out.