Will Mac OS X 10.7 „Lion“ support Parallels 6.0?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Wolfgang Rausch, Jul 13, 2011.

1. SantoshP

SantoshP Bit poster

Update Paralles Build

I had the same problem. Updated the build to the current one (Build 6.0.12094) and it now works.

2. alev

alev Parallels Team

Hello Larry,

Issue is addressed in this article: http://kb.parallels.com/en/111682

3. KTiz

KTiz Bit poster

Lion and Parallels 6 sounds possible. But what about Lion with Parallels 7 beta.

I accepted an invitation to use 7 and want to know whether it will be OK with Lion. Going back to Parallels 6 is not easy.

4. ErichG

ErichG Bit poster

Upgrade

Search and search as I might, I cannot find on Parallels website where to download an upgrade for V6.xxx to V6.120.
    Is this something you have to pay for?

5. alev

alev Parallels Team

Hello ErichG,

You will not have to pay for 12094 update if you are already bough PD6.
    You could download later update by Parallels Desktop (Parallels Desktop - Check for Updates...) or from http://www.parallels.com/download/desktop/ (choose Download Trial, it will be full featured build and your key will be preserved after update)

6. Fargo

Fargo Bit poster

I am having the same issue as Larry. I can see it running and when I switch Mission Control "spaces" I can see my VM, but once it gets on the space I can no longer see Parallels or click on anything.

Any help would be great.

7. alev

alev Parallels Team

8. idesigntec

idesigntec Bit poster

I installed Lion yesterday on a Core i5 MacBook Pro, 4gb ram, purchased in May 2011. Prior to installing Lion, Parallels ran without issue.

I installed the update released today for Parallels Desktop. Even with today's update it does not work in Lion.

I installed Lion on my laptop to tinker with. I strongly recommend that you don't install Lion on a production machine.

Give Lion (and Parallels) 3-6 months to work out all the kinks before you put Lion on any machine you do "real" work on.

Your mileage may vary...

9. RussB1

RussB1 Bit poster

Problems with Lion and Parallels 6

Installed Lion OS X yesterday. Also updated my Parallels 6 to build 12094. Now, periodically the VM does not recognize mouse actions (mouse clicks, dragging, etc.) in the VM. The only way to get it working is to change the View mode (i.e., switch from Coherence to Window, Window to Full Screen, etc.). It does not appear to matter what mode you are in originally -- it occurs in all of them. I will also say that is it possible this is a Lion display issue, since I have noticed a few other quirks (mainly in Outlook for Mac) when attempting to drag and drop items.

10. RoyG

RoyG Bit poster

Multiple instances of VM's running

After upgrading to OS X Lion, and upgrading to the supported version of Parallels I can start multiple instances of virtual machines, however, I cannot see the second instance. I viewed http://kb.parallels.com/en/111682 and it does not address this.

Is there a solution?

11. HansAST

HansAST Bit poster

See my other thread...
    Had the same issue...

12. RoyG

RoyG Bit poster

The solution offered in that thread had been tried already, I cannot view more than one running virtual machine since upgrading to Lion.

13. Andy_C

Andy_C Bit poster

In order to see the VM, after I had deleted the other Spaces per article 111682 (above), I found that I had to select Options -> 'Assign To This Desktop' from the Parallels icon in the Dock. Before I did this I'd see the VM for a second when I changed to another Space, but could not get it to stay on the screen. I've not yet tried multiple VMs.