Will Parallels run under Snow Leopard's 64-bit kernel?

WilliamJ

Bit poster
Will Parallels run under Snow Leopard's 64-bit kernel? I don't see this covered in the Snow Leopard info. I have Fusion and it will not run unless you boot into 32-bit mode. I would like to run in 64-bit mode. Also if it does run under 64-bit is there a way to convert a Fusion Vista VM to Parallels?
 
I was in 64bit mode and was not able to launch Parallels.

That's odd because while waiting I downloaded the trial version, installed, migrated and it's running. Looks like I may be making the switch.

Under configuration I can't change the number of processors, memory allocation or video memory. Is this limitation of the trial version?
 
Hello,

Please follow the article below in regards to the issue:
http://kb.parallels.com/en/6637

For more information, please go through the attachment which lists the compatible software with Snow Leopard.

So basically it mostly compatible with 64-bit kernel save 2 occasional problems in addition to the 4 known issues with the 32-bit kernel? If it running OK for me now I shouldn't have any (this software won't run with 64-bit kernel) type issues?
 
Back
Top