Will parallels stop working if I don't renew my subscription ?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ColinJ3, Sep 8, 2018.

1. ColinJ3

ColinJ3 Bit poster

Hi Folks,

Just had a message that says parallels will stop working if I don't renew my subscription.

STOP working ? is this true ?

2. Hi ColinJ3. Please be informed that Parallels Desktop for Mac subscription license needs to be renewed every year to use the application. Once the license expires, you will not be able to use the virtual machine unless it is renewed or activated with a different license key.

3. SteveF5

SteveF5 Bit poster

I do not understand why an operating system system would ever go to a SaaS model, especially when the software run within parallels is generally not SaaS. I was so ticked off when TurboTax went to a SaaS model because I can no longer keep the installation CD to view old returns with the tax codes at that time. I do not understand the Parallels answer to the question "Why can't I just buy the software". So now I have to rely on an internet connection just to use the software? if I go on a trip I shouldn't have to double verify that my VM won't expire while away. I am so happy with Parallels v11 and will use it until it no longer works. My reason for staying with this great software is contingent on ease of use and SaaS definitely does not fall under "ease of use".

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi SteveF5,
    You can purchase a one-time/permanent/perpetual key and use like Parallels Desktop 11. Even with the subscription key internet connection is only needed during registration and activation of Parallels Desktop. When the subscription is renewed you can connect Parallels Desktop to the internet and synchronize with the license server.

5. WeiS4

WeiS4 Bit poster

Falling back to one 1-time from Pro Edition subscription should be made free or much cheaper.
    It should be highlighted that VM won't be working without renewing when placing an order of the Pro Edition.

6. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, for any subscription you can use any version of Parallels Desktop with in the subscription period.

7. WeiS4

WeiS4 Bit poster

I specially purchased a standard edition without any subscription, which I suggest to be included in the Pro Edition since I already paid a higher price.

8. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, we would like to clarify that, Parallels Desktop Standard Edition has 2 type of licenses. Permanent and subscription. But Parallels Desktop Pro Edition is yearly subscription only. Pricing depends on the edition and type of license. Please reach us back for any further queries.