Win 10 Automatic Repair problems

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DragosC, Aug 26, 2020.

1. DragosC

DragosC Bit poster

Hi, folks
    I am running Parallels 14.1.3 on macOS Mojave 10.14.6 and since this morning my Win 10 virtual machine does not want to boot. I keep getting the "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC" message which references the SrtTrail.txt file which unfortunately I cannot access.
    I've been down the rabbit hole of trying to fix the issue with YouTube videos but the problem would not go away.
    I have also downloaded a fresh copy of Windows which I was able to install as a separate virtual machine.
    I have also created a bootable USB hoping that I could use it to fix the initial Win10 VM, but with no success...
    Do you have any advice, please?
    Many thanks in advance,
    DragoČ™

2. Maria@Parallels

Maria@Parallels Problem solver

Hello, you can try to add your virtual hard drive to the new created VM. Please check this KB article for more information and check the issue.

3. DragosC

DragosC Bit poster

Many thanks for the suggestion, dear Maria - it came at the right time, as I was thinking about reinstalling all my applications from the faulty VM to the ok one, and then deleting that VM. With your trick, though, it seems that I can use my applications on the new VM (I just need to recreate their shortcuts). Many thanks again!

Maria@Parallels likes this.