Win 10 under parallels 11 / help finding pictures in "Photos"

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Jean-MarcP, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Jean-MarcP

Jean-MarcP Bit poster

hi from a newbie.
    (please move this message elsewhere if required).
    I purchased PD11 for my wife because she likes to print her pictures on her Canon selphy cp800. This little printer is not supported on El Capitan (the selphy printer is present but lists as not connected).
    So I installed Win10 under PD11 (parallels and OSx versions are shown below) and I can print easily from Win10 using the little cp800.
    The problem is the following:
    Under ElCapitan, no more iphoto, my wife has resigned to use "Photos". After working on a picture, she would like to print a crisp copy on the Selphy.
    There is no way I could find the actual picture she happens to be working on, let alone from the windows side.
    So my question is this:
    Is there a method or windows program that will le me view the pictures on the Mac side?
    thanks in advance

170115Parallels11.2.2.png 170115_OSXElCapitan10.11.4.png

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi Jean-MarcP, what kind of printer it is? Are you connecting your printer to your Mac via USB? or wireless connection? Please connect your printer to your Windows virtual machine via USB cable directly (Start your Windows 10, go to Devices->External devices) and let us know how it works.

3. RogerH6

RogerH6 Hunter

His problem is his wife wants to print from a Mac application, using a printer which is being driven from the Windows VM.
    He has said it works fine from the Windows VM.
    The printer is a little Canon dye sublimation unit. Unfortunately Canon are awful at providing Mac drivers for their units, so he/she only has Windows drivers.
    She should be able to just save the photos to a folder on the Windows drive C:. Make a folder in this called (perhaps) 'PhotosToPrint', and when the picture is as she wants it, just save from the Mac application into this. Then on Windows, just open this folder from whatever Windows app she wants to print with, do no changes, and print.
    I do this with two of the larger Canon dye sub units, so know it does work.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  4. Thank you for your detailed reply!