Win 11 ARM - Excel not enough resources

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Endel, Nov 15, 2022.

1. Endel

Endel Bit poster

Hey guys,
    I have MBP 16", 32gb ram and I'm getting the warning "not enough resources to display completely" in Excel and it crashes often when opening 2-3 tables.
    Excel is 32 bit, which I need for some macros and older files. My collegues are using the same with Win11 and don't get this error.
    In task manager I see that Excel is running in efficiency mode, which cannot be turned off. Might this be the issue?
    When the error happens, I see that Excel is using about 1 GB RAM.
    In Parallels configuration I have resource usage set to "no limit" and memory to 12 GB.
    Hope someone can help, as it's really affecting my work negatively! :(

Attached Files:

2. Aries@PF

Aries@PF Hunter

Sounds like it's talking about graphics memory since it says "display", but I could be wrong on that as you're on an M series. I didn't do extensive testing, but I found the app compatibility to be weak at best. Granted, I was trying to use apps not originally coded for ARM.

3. ImpactAdvisor

ImpactAdvisor Bit poster

Same issues here on latest versions of all (32-bit Excel) I had to shrink my screen size/window size to get around the "not enough resources..." to be able to save the file before I moved to a dedicated windows machine