Win 7 can't access SMB NAS share - please help

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by MrWiggles, Apr 20, 2010.

1. MrWiggles

MrWiggles Bit poster

I have Windows 7 running on Parallels 5 (latest version) but can't seem to access my Netgear Readynas Pro. The Readynas shows up under 'Network', but when I click on it to access the SMB shares, I get an error that '[ReadyNAS] is not accessible. You might not have permission to access this network resource...End Point Format is Invalid'.

The ReadyNAS is sharing via SMB and I can access from my host Mac Pro just fine. I also have a Windows 7 Bootcamp install and it can access the shares on the ReadyNAS also.

I DO have my Parallels networking set for 'Bridged' on Ethernet 1. What's strange is that some of the shares are accessible via the //psf, but I want to access the listed NAS server via its host name as some of my software doesn't seem to see the shares via the drive mapped //psf.

Can anyone help here?

Thanks,
    -michael

2. BrunoA

BrunoA Bit poster

Share access problems

It might help to either check and configure or disable the SELinux policies. It often denies access to Samba and it's shares. Iptables might also block access, so make sure it's set to an accept policy (on LAN only!) on ports 137-139.

Hope this helps. c",)