Win 7 crashed, BIOS problem detected, now what?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by rvmeush, Dec 6, 2010.

1. rvmeush

rvmeush Member

I was running Windows 7 in a Parallels 6 VM and Windows crashed. After the system restarted I got the following message from Windows:

Consider BIOS upgrade
    Microsoft is unable to determine the exact cause of this error. However, this problem was most likely caused by an error in your computer’s random access memory (RAM). RAM is the main internal storage area the computer uses to run programs and store data.

During the crash analysis, we noticed the basic input/output system (BIOS) version on this computer does not match the specifications for the central processing unit (CPU), also known as a processor, that is installed on your computer. This can occur when a newer processor is installed on an older system board or older BIOS. Using a BIOS that does not support the installed processor can result in Windows system crashes. Contact your computer manufacturer or motherboard manufacturer for an updated version of BIOS for your computer's processor.

I'm trying to figure out what, if anything, I need to do. Is there some problem here that I need to correct, and how do I correct it? Thanks.

2. msbeatty

msbeatty Bit poster

Same issue

I'm running Parallels 6 on Windows XP. At least once a day, my Win "machine" just reboots and then I get the Microsoft Solution to "Consider BIOS Upgrade". Has been happening every since I upgraded.

3. BenV

BenV Bit poster

count me in. Upgraded last week to Parallels 6 running Win7. Tons of problems ever since. today I got this same error.

4. rauckr

rauckr Member

Windows XP BIOS problem detected

I am having the problem on Windows XP. The wrong BIOS is being detected.