Win image from Vaio laptop looks for battery....

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by BurtW, Dec 2, 2009.

1. BurtW

BurtW Bit poster

Does anyone have any experience moving a Win XP image from a SONY Vaio laptop to a virtual machine? I've moved the image to my MacBook. After startup, I get a Vaio alert that the battery is not connected and the session terminates. Parallel Tools is installed an "enable battery" is checked.

2. Stuw

Stuw Parallels Developers

Hi, BurtW

I suggest that the alert message is a result of ISBmgr tool (ISBmgr is a battery checking utility). So try to mount a hard disk image using Parallels Mounter and then rename isbmgr.exe (it's location typically C:\Program Files\sony\isb utility) to something like isbmgr.ex_. After renaming, the tool will not be able to start up. As result the alert message will not be shown at next boot.

If my suggestion is not correct, I need to know, does OS allow you to run programs, browse your disk after alert message was shown? The session terminates only after you press OK in alert window?

What version of Parallels Desktop do you use?

WBR,
    Stuw

3. BurtW

BurtW Bit poster

Thanks, Stu - your help is much appreciated. Your suggestion took care of the battery issue - many thanks! It's Parallels 4.0.