Win XP/10 : erratic cursor movement in apps

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Bmuse, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Bmuse

Bmuse Bit poster

Parallels 16.5.0
    macOS 10.15.7

Hi all,
    Somewhere in a recent Parallels update, the cursor behavior within apps in my WinXP and 10 VMs started being erratic.

Example: in Photoshop, the cursor movement in images has always been smooth and precise using my trackpad. Now, when I'm editing an image, the cursor moves as if it's tracing blocks -- if I try to draw or lasso freehand, the cursor will move in a straight line or jagged stairsteps with sudden right-angle jumps. It's not following the pixel size in a document; the stairsteps seem to be bigger I think -- I can't tell what it's basing the stairstep-size on.

Previously, I could freehand-lasso to the edge of an image window and the lasso would follow the edge. Now if I do that, as soon as the cursor touches the edge of the image's window, it jerks to one side and the selection area is split apart.

The cursor moves fine in Windows generally, and is even fine in Photoshop, until I start interacting with an image or canvas. Then it's choppy and unpredictable.

No settings have changed in Photoshop. The mouse settings in Windows and Parallels seem fine.

Has anyone else seen this? It definitely started recently, though I don't know if it was the v16 update or before that.

Thanks for any help!
    B