Win10 / MS Project file saving errors

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JustinP5, Feb 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. JustinP5

JustinP5 Bit poster

I've recently noticed that when using MS Project for Office 365 and saving a file to our company shared drive that the file doesn't seem to save correctly. I'm using Parallels 14.1.0, running Windows 10 Pro 1809 on OSX Mojave 10.14.2

When I go to close project it asks if I want to save the file first, I select yes and it stays open with the file. The program won't actually close unless I select No to the save file option.

When I go back in and reopen the file all the information for the project is messed up, there are duplicate entries and the dates are wrong. I've been saving them as a PDF as well before I close to make sure I have a copy however this is becoming a problem as every time I have to update a program I have to check and re-write all the changes from the messed up file.

There are no file saving errors or anything that suggests a corruption however there is definitely a data error happening somewhere.
    Anyone else having any file saving issues ?
    I will try and see what happens if I save the files to the windows docs folder instead of the file server.

2. Hi @JustinP5 did you try to repair the Office app? In not please check this link and repair Office.