Windows 10 April 2018 Update. Windows didn't load correctly.

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Srikanth2, May 3, 2018.

1. Srikanth2

Srikanth2 Bit poster

Very disappointed. After Windows 10 April 2018 Update, Parallels 13 doesn't start the Windows OS correctly. Every alternate time I start Windows, it shows the Recovery blue screen of Windows. Uploaded the screenshot. I have to click Restart my PC and then it boots correctly. This is very annoying. Please fix this.
    Steps to reproduce:
    Start Windows
    Login to Windows
    ShutDown Windows
    Start Windows again (you might succeed this time, if no error, log in and shutdown again)
    The windows boot process goes into Please wait for some time and then the attached screen displays.

Attached Files:

2. JedrzejO

JedrzejO Member

I have the same issue. I get this screen on every alternate start with Parallels 14 and fully updated Windows 10 as gues OS. Any solution on that?

Tried reinstall of Windows 10 from older ISO, after updates the same problem.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  3. JedrzejO

JedrzejO Member

Ok, I managed to find the solution, the Parallels support was just getting me through the Windows recovery on the clean install of Windows...
    It seems that it is connected with this error: https://kb.parallels.com/de/123831 After going through these steps this problem does not arise anymore.