Windows 10 Clean install...can I prevent Creators install or Update?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Kupe, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Kupe

Kupe Member

Hey gang-

I'm running Parallels Desktop 10 and had no interest or plans to run Windows 10. But a new application I need to run for my job requires Windows 10. So, on Monday I ordered Windows 10 Home flash drive installer from Amazon. And just my luck, yesterday I received the email notice from Parallels that I absolutely must not run Windows 10 Creator update in Parallels 10.

So, my question is, if I do a clean install of Windows 10 Home into a clean new Parallels VM, is it going to try to include the Creators Update?

Second question- if I do succeed in installing Windows 10 without the Creators Update, how can I make sure that Windows doesn't later try to install the Creators Update?

Yes- I know one solution here would be to upgrade to Parallels 12. But I'm running Mavericks on my iMac which is not Parallels 12 compatible. And really trying not create any extra havoc simply to run this one work application.

Thanks gang!

Kupe

2. Kupe

Kupe Member

Hi Maria-

I totally get not to rush to get the Windows 10 Creators update. But that wasn't my question. What I'm confronting tomorrow is doing a brand new clean install of Windows 10 into a fresh new Parallels 10 VM. My first ever Windows 10 installation. So, in that case, will MS push the latest version during the install? (i.e. Creators)

I definitely don't want that.

Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  3. Thank you for your updates @Kupe, unfortunately we haven't full info about Windows upgrade installation. You can check this article for more info.
    Also it will be great to ask MS support for more info, also hope they can provide you with the download link for previous Windows 10 version.

4. AmanB

AmanB Bit poster

Thanks