Windows 10 - Display driver failed to start

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by kevcollins, Jul 12, 2019.

1. KeithM7

KeithM7 Bit Poster

That had helped me but it didn't "fixed". Needed to reinstall the tools a couple of times after I set that setting. So lets say if this keeps it fixed. Been using an external monitor pretty consistently lately

2. KeithM7

KeithM7 Bit Poster

At this point I need to reinstall Parallel Tools almost every other day. Very annoying. Tried everything here.. no luck

3. johns67

johns67 Bit Poster

Hey man, I'm having a similar issue where I get random black screens with the "display driver failed to start".

But recently it's gotten much worse where it wont recover after a restart and when I power it on, the screen goes black right away before even logging in. Sometimes I can get into safe mode and uninstall the drivers with DDU and then login normally after that, but as soon as I install any sort of drivers the screen goes black right away.

For now I've completely unplugged the GPU and I'm running my PC off integrated graphics with no issues. I've contacted GIGABYTE support, but no response yet.

I'd love to know if you find a solution.

I'm running:

GPU -- Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 970 4GB G1 Gaming

CPU -- Intel - i5 6600k

Motherboard -- Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151

4. johns67

johns67 Bit Poster

Still waiting for someone to help me with my issue

It has been like a month since anyone has responded to my issue

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2019 at 9:23 PM