Windows 10 freezing/pausing with El Capitan notifications

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JasonH3, Oct 2, 2015.

1. AlexanderZ1

AlexanderZ1

MacBook Pro Retina Late 2013, 2 Thunderbolt Display + Parallels Desktop 11 Pro with Windows 8 and i have same issues. Parallels, when you fix it?

2. MarcoB1

MarcoB1 Bit poster

Latest downloadable build 11.1.0 (32202) still no fix.

3. GregS

GregS Bit poster

Interesting, I just received the 11.1.0 (32202) update and it along with Mac OS X 10.11.2 beta build 15C40a seems to have fixed this for me.
    I can receive system notifications on top of a full screen VM and still interact with the VM as expected.

This might be something that won't be broadly addressed until Apple releases 10.11.2 to the public.

4. MarcoB1

MarcoB1 Bit poster

I can confirm the findings of GregS. I updated to the OSX public beta 4 (10.11.2 beta (15C47a). And now the notifications won't freeze the screen anymore.

5. MarcusDiddle

MarcusDiddle Junior Member

Running Parallels v 11.1.0 (32202) and OS X 10.11.1 and the issue still remains.

Really don't want to start running betas of OS X to resolve this, so I guess I'm stuck waiting for the public release of 10.11.2.

6. GregS

GregS Bit poster

MarcusD2, I don't blame you... I'm a developer so I'm used to betas... but if I were you I would wait until the official release (which looks like it will be pretty soon).

7. M'n'Ms

M'n'Ms Bit poster

Its now a month ago since the last post here... just to let you know, the problem still exists.
    Running Parallels 11.1.1 (32312) on OS X 10.11.1...
    A solution would be most appreciated, slowly i'm seriously considering to switch to VM Ware or Virtual Box or somebody who is able to provide proper support and solution for problems.
    The best solution i found till now is to turn on the do not disturb function when working windows...

8. TimS4

TimS4 Bit poster

UPDATE: After running latest updates (10.11.2/MAC and Version 11.1.1 (32312)/Parallels) - I'm no longer suffering from the constant freezes, and performance appears to by MUCH better!!