Windows 10 image randomly takes focus from Mac

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by ChrisR17, Nov 8, 2019 at 2:09 AM.

Tags:
  1. ChrisR17

ChrisR17 Bit Poster

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place to put this but I'm running MacOs Catalina with a Windows 10 image running in Parallels.

I do all Office based stuff (Skype, Office, Mail, Safari) all on Mac and do software development in Visual Studio etc in Windows.

What I'm finding, either with a recent update to Parallels or the Catalina MacOS update is that when I'm in Mac world (skyping colleagues etc), I can be typing and the Windows VM randomly takes focus back and the rest of my sentence is in the middle of the code I was writing!! It's not very often but often enough to be a problem (I've made it through writing this in Safari on the Mac and it hasn't happened...yet!).

I've searched the preferences and configurations and I can't see anything related to taking focus automatically (thought maybe it was if my build finished or some other Windows notification kicked in) but it's really annoying!!

Thanks for any ideas you might have