Windows 10 Insider Preview start menu broken

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by GalanB, Apr 30, 2015.

1. l3lliott

l3lliott Bit poster

Anybody hear of any progress on this? The directx didn't work for me, going to try the nested virtualization, but that kills development right?

2. CccA

CccA Junior Member

Disabled nested virtualization keeped me going since my last comment with only 3 cases of loosing the menu in so many weeks, however on Monday after sleep it broke for good and reboot or alternate user, that I had pre-created, could only get a black screen and no start bar at all.
    I had to restore from a saved snapshot, so if you have a working system, make sure you snapshot it!

3. flip

flip Bit poster

Another voice checking in, MBP Retina 2012, p 10.2.1, Windows 10130 Enterprise, Mac OS 10.10 and 10.11 b2
    Nested virtualization off + DX9 seems to be more stable.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  4. RandallF1

RandallF1 Bit poster

5. NenoS

NenoS Bit poster

Having exactly the same issue...MBP Retina 2014 with the latest version of Windows 10 and Parallels. Tried all sorts of Hardware combinations but the start menu does not work.

6. KarimB

KarimB Bit poster

I'm having the same issues with Parallels Desktop 11.2.0 (32581). I've switched to Direct X9 and disabled nested virtualization. I have installed Start10 as a workaround for the Windows Start menu not working but any time any of the universal apps are run (including Settings, VPN, ....) the system freezes up for about 20 seconds.