Windows 10 Logout Fixes

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by AndrewL14, Oct 23, 2017.

1. AndrewL14

AndrewL14 Bit poster

Hey - second time trying to post this issue. My Windows 10 VM logs out when I close the lid on my new Macbook Pro. The system then requires me to click on the lock picture, then hit sign-in in order to use my VM. This also breaks coherence mode. One poster from Parallels responded that I should look at Windows 10 settings to make sure it isn't an issue with the system. All settings are properly configured and should not send Windows to logout. I even have the login pictures disabled and they still show up.

So what are my options?
    1) Are there any non-settings related fixes?
    2) Should I just reinstall or error repair Windows 10? Is there a good way to do this in Parallels?

Thanks!

2. kat

kat Product Expert

Hi This may or may not help but:
    under Parallels menu>Actions>configure..>Options>Startup and shut down>Custom >Start Automatically (drop down menu)When Mac starts >On Mac shutdown (drop down menu)>Suspend

3. AndrewL14

AndrewL14 Bit poster

@kat - I tried your suggestion and had high hopes that it was going to work, but it did not. Thanks so much for the suggestion. I've tried that and even working outside of coherence mode and nothing seems to help. Wondering if re-install is the best option. Can I reinstall or repair windows inside parallels without license keys etc?

4. kat

kat Product Expert

I should have asked you also to reinstall parallels tools.
    When dealing with Microsoft you will always need your license key when they ask for it.

5. kat

kat Product Expert

Hi AndrewL14,

Did you disable login by unchecking: Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
    Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 8.07.33 AM.png