Windows 10 may not boot after installing Сreators Update

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by Danil@Parallels, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Tommyw2

Tommyw2 Bit Poster

Have Parallels 12.2.2 installed. Installed Windows Creators update. Booting starts, but after logging on to Windows, the home windows screen stays black and the home windows computing device is now not shown.

2. Qatar evisa online

Qatar evisa online Bit Poster

Sound good. But how can I resolve my boot issue? Any suggestion. I'm using for my app Qatar evisa (check it)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2020
  3. Maria@Parallels

Maria@Parallels Parallels Team

Are you getting the issue right after the Windows startup, or after your app startup?
    Please share more issue details with us.

4. ImSeeker

ImSeeker Bit Poster

My Parallels 15 Windows 10 now will not boot - you get the startup bit, then it looks like it is starting up, then black screen, with cursor.
    Was running fine yesterday, 7/4/2020, then the snapshots were taking forever. I deleted a snapshot by hand (since it wasn't deleting it on its own), then let it go overnight, since that was also taking a long time. During the night, it said windows 10 updates were occurring. Parallels was frozen this morning, saying the snapshot was deleted, but on top of a black screen. Rebooting it with a hard reset led to my current situation.

Is there a comprehensive article on how to diagnose this issue? Doing a google search yields very old techniques with older versions - even this thread, best I can tell is about an issue from last fall.

Thanks for any help, or even just pointers to something I can walk through to diagnose.

5. ImSeeker

ImSeeker Bit Poster

re last message: I am using Parallels 15 Pro, so my impression is I have more capability to diagnose. Also, supposed to have direct support?
    I haven't had problems in a long time, so if anyone can point me to where I can figure out those capabilities or get support, that would also be helpful.

6. Maria@Parallels

Maria@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi, did you try to reset your VM?
    When does the issue reoccurs? After any update?
    Did you try to start your Windows into Safe mode?

7. PeterJ18

PeterJ18 Bit Poster

Do you have any thought why the workaround "Empower settled virtualisation" works?

"Daniel@Parallels" makes reference to "changes to the framework video mode initialisation". What does this have to do with virtualisation support?