Windows 10, Parallel 10: CPU overused

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Vigouroux, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Vigouroux

Vigouroux Bit poster

Hello all

I've upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 (had some sharing directories problems, solved thanks to the forum :).
    The problem is that parallels takes a lot of CPU: typically 60% when doing "nothing" (the windows task manager announcing only 15% of cpu usage) and 127% when doing "things". I'm pretty sure it was not the case with windows 7. I've seen that CPU usage display may be different (because of multicore) but now the macbook often overheat, it was not the case before.
    Do you think it's normal ? Should I upgrade to parallel 11 (would be a bit disappointing to be obliged to do that)?
    Or would there be some configuration fixes? I've had a look at the web and the forum but with no success.

Thanks in advance
    Laurent

2. Jigs Gaton

Jigs Gaton Product Expert

Vigouroux, I had the exact same issue and I went through all the KBs on performance, following each step with no success. I almost gave up and went back to VMWare, but then Yosemite 10.5 came out and at the same time there was an update to PD Version 10.2.2 (29105), and a bunch of Windows 10 updates to the system and to Office. Now all is well - very strange! My performance on all machines now looks like the attached, which is perfectly acceptable. It is not clear to me which update fixed things, but one - or a combination of all - did. I've filed this as an X-File (unexplained), and now just have my fingers crossed the problem does not return.

Attached Files:

3. vinoths

vinoths Bit poster

is run time broker consuming more CPU, if yes , i had the same problem and i had to keep it disabled to work with windows 10 , otherwise it spins up the CPU and Fan.