Windows 10, Parallels 16, Creo Elements 4 and 5 display issues

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by StephenH14, Sep 2, 2020.

1. StephenH14

StephenH14 Bit poster

I have been using Window on the Mac forever and a day... I run PTC Creo Parametric. Recently both versions of Creo gained a new and unwanted fetaure. When you mouse over objects the objects highlight and stay highlighted even when the mouse is no longer over the object... It basically highlights every feature in a model as the mouse traverses across, leaving the whole model highlighted. It is supposed to only highlight the part your mouse is over... IDK if this is a Win 10 update that has caused this behavior, or a Parellels update. I have the Parallels settings set to provide maximum graphics performance to Creo. I also have it set such that it always uses accellerated graphics... It make it impossible to do anything in Creo...

VladislavS likes this.
  2. LutherB

LutherB Member

Hello,
    I'd also like to add this same exact issue: I run Windows 10 and PTC Creo Parametric 6 (via Bootcamp/Parallels). With the update to Desktop 16, preselection highlighting leaves the highlight on every place the cursor moves. I downgraded back to version 15 and the issue is gone, so it is definitely a bug. For reference, I had reinstalled parallels tools, but it did not resolve the issue. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to get this issue resolved.

VladislavS likes this.
  3. VladislavS

VladislavS Bit poster

Same issue here! Please fix

4. danielL34

danielL34 Bit poster

Same issue! Agreed. Please fix!

5. JonathanP11

JonathanP11 Bit poster

Hello,

Same issue here.
    I switched to parallels desktop 16 at the same time I received a new MacBook Pro and when I was about to change to Creo parametric 7, so I tested following combinations already:

• MacBook Pro 15" late 2016 + Creo parametric 6 + parallels desktop 15 = works like a charm (is what I've been using for the last year)
    • MacBook Pro 15" late 2016 + Creo parametric 7 + parallels desktop 15 = works like a charm
    • MacBook Pro 15" late 2016 + Creo parametric 6 + parallels desktop 16 = Highlights stay on on mouse over + cross sections of an assembly make the model jump around the screen when zooming in or out (completely unworkable)
    • MacBook Pro 16" 2020 + Creo parametric 7 + Parallels desktop 15 = works like a charm
    • MacBook Pro 16" 2020 + Creo parametric 7 + Parallels desktop 16 = Same highlighting problem as above
    So I assume that neither Creo parametric version or hardware are the cause for this problem.
    Please give us some feedback wether the issue is being worked on?

6. Hello guys, could you collect the tech report once the issue reproduced please and post the report's ID here?
    Also short video will be very helpful.
    Thank you in advance.

7. LutherB

LutherB Member

Hello @Maria@Parallels - Unfortunately, I'm using parallels in a working environment where I need to be able to use the software in question. I reverted to V15 when I was unable to find a solution in V16. If it's possible this issue is related to the issue that people were having with Solidworks 2020 and V16 (apparently solved with V16.0.1 and boot flags (video.gl3=0), maybe someone here that is still running V16.0 (or V16.0.1) could test and report back. If that doesn't work, perhaps someone running V16 (or who could easily switch to it) could answer your request for the tech report and a short video.

Thanks

8. LutherB

LutherB Member

If it's any help, I thought I would post my results in case anyone else found this thread experiencing the same issues. I installed V16.0.1, using the boot flag (video.gl3=0), and reverted to using Parallels' hypervisor (I had been using the Apple hypervisor due to improved performance). When using the Apple hypervisor, my VM would freeze (I had to unfreeze by sampling the process from Activity Monitor, which always worked). Using the Parallels hypervisor, everything seems fine...

Thanks

9. Thanks a lot for sharing this with us.
    Parallels Engineering team are working on the resolution. Once we get any news we will update you.

10. Hello guys, we would like to inform you that Parallels Desktop update 16.1.0 has been release recently.
    Please update your Parallels Desktop version to the latest build and check the issue.
    Please share any results with us.

11. DanC14

DanC14 Junior Member

Likewise, I've just upgraded to Parallels version 16 on Mac Book Pro (mid 2015) and Creo 4 has an issue where the mouse automatically high lights surfaces and creates a second image on the right hand corner of the model. its unworkable so I'm downgrading to 15 on the recommendations on this thread. Thanks JonathanP11

12. DanC14

DanC14 Junior Member

13. Hello,
    Thank you for reporting this.
    If you decide to investigate and resolve the issue please collect the tech report data right after the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here.
    We will be glad to help.

14. LeeC10

LeeC10 Junior Member

I have had the exact same problem. I opened a case with PTC and they couldn't resolve it. Seems something broke it in a Parallels update. Had being using it flawlessly for years.
    I've had to switch to BootCamp. Where are we with this issue? Is it being worked on? Is it fixed?

15. rakhig

rakhig Bit poster

How to Change Margins In Google Docs?

I don't know how to change margin in google docs, can anyone suggest where can I find this solution, If anyone has any suggestions do let me know.

16. Hello, what is your Parallels Desktop version?

17. Hello,
    did you check this?

18. rakhig

rakhig Bit poster

19. Thank you for your reply and please let us know if you have any additional questions.