Windows 10, Photos set to open photos in Mac OS High Sierra

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by JamesZ2, Dec 26, 2020.

1. JamesZ2

JamesZ2 Bit poster

I am running Windows 10 on my Mac, using Parallels. On my Mac I am still running High Sierra and my Parallels is v. 13.3.2. At some point Windows 10 appears to have "captured" the files that I imported from my camera card in Mac OS, using Adobe Lightroom. What I mean is that when I import raw files from my card into Adobe Lightroom Classic, the files are converted from camera raw to .dng files. The icons for the files started showing up with a parallels logo incorporated into them. If I clicked the file name, they automatically opened up Parallels and then Windows 10 (and eventually, I think, the Photos app in Windows). If I do "get info" on one of these files in Mac OS, it shows, under "Open with:" Photos (default) (Windows 10). [see below] It appears that all of my files of this time are similarly flagged since a particular point in time. Occasionally a file won't open in Lightroom and I get an error message, but in general most of the files do open. I suspect that the few files that won't open were in the middle of being "captured" when I shut Windows 10 and Parellels down in the middle of a conversion, not realizing that was happening. Does anyone have any advice on how to turn off this "capturing" by Windows 10 and how to restore the files to be opened by Mac Preview as the default application? Thanks in advance for any insights.
    upload_2020-12-26_11-29-47.png