Windows 10 Pro hangs on startup and randomly

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by sphauck, Mar 12, 2019.

1. sphauck

sphauck Bit poster

In one of the last two updates my Windows 10 VM has started hanging on boot.
    It starts then once it's up it seems to just hang for up to a minute .. no idea what it is doing ...
    The from time to time it will do it randomly .....

How can I diagnose the cause of this ?

2. Michael@Parallels

Michael@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi,
    When Windows is usable again right-click on the Task Bar and choose "Task Manager". There you might see some columns with high resource usage, e.g. Disk 100%. Click on such a column to sort by percent and see what processes consumes more. Take a screenshot and share it here.
    If it's Disk that consumes 100% (quite a common issue on real PCs as well) there are plenty of articles on the Internet on how fix it, e.g. this one.

3. sphauck

sphauck Bit poster

I have tried to look at that .. I run virtually the same image on my actual PC that I do in Parallels ..
    It even hangs when I go to click into the VM itself .. like it's waking up and needs some time...
    it's something in the emulation or settings... didn't have this issue until one of the last two updates
    is there a log generated by Parallels somewhere ?

4. sphauck

sphauck Bit poster

I did just knock down the RAM from 4GB to 2GB and it "seems" a little better ??
    Parallels is mature enough that they should have automated tools that can take care of tuning and performance issues!