Windows 10 slow on 2019 Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by dramsey, Feb 10, 2020.

1. dramsey

dramsey Junior Member

I've recently moved my Parallels VMs from a 12-core 2013 "trash can" Mac Pro to a new 16-core 2019 Mac Pro. The Windows 10 VM has 4 CPUs and 16GB of memory-- the settings are identical on both machines.

On the older, 2013 Mac Pro, Windows 10 runs smoothly with a fluid UI.
    On the zipper new 2019 Mac Pro, the same VM runs with a slow and jerky UI. Even the little "balls in a circle" animation as the OS boots is jerky. It's usable, but annoying.

There is no other significant load on the system. Adding more CPU cores and memory didn't help.

Any ideas, anywone?

2. Hi, please let us know what is your Parallels Desktop and macOS version.
    Thank in advance.

3. dramsey

dramsey Junior Member

Parallels
    Version 15.1.2 (47123)

Mac OS version 10.15.3

If it makes any difference, the 2019 Mac Pro is running a Radeon 580X GPU, while the trash can Pro is running a Radeon D700.

4. Hi, please check if proper permissions are provided for Parallels Desktop on Mac System Preferences.
    Open System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Parallels Desktop should be added under 'Accessibility', 'Full Disk Access' and 'Files & Folders'.

5. dramsey

dramsey Junior Member

I've done that, and it does seem to have helped. Parallels Desktop was not included in either "Accessibility" or "Full Disk Access". Thanks!