Extremely slow resuming (2-5 minutes) started for me approx 2 weeks ago - just on a Windows 10 32 bit VM - not on a Windows 7 nor a Linux VM that i have. I have never seen it before.
I may or may not have been related to a Parallels update - running 13.2.0 (43213).
I have tried to reboot the VM - tried the config above 'start up and shut down manually' - no effect - did check the optimization but can't see it relates - i could run several VM's simultaneously without an issue before, i have around 50gb available on my ssd - and it actually runs fine once resumed.
If just resumed, then suspended and resumed it seems fine, but if suspended after being used then resuming (even immediately) takes forever.
This is what I feel happens most of the time - but it doesn't seems to be 100% reproducible.
There is NO percentage shown in the wheel most of the time.
Tried to start the Win7 while the Win10 was resuming, then this took a while, and they both ended at 95% where the hang for minutes (no fan so low CPU load). Both started - then the fan came on.
Tech info : 231490494