Windows 10 takes several minutes to load after problem with Explorer

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by jasimon9, Apr 12, 2023.

Tags:
  1. jasimon9

jasimon9 Member

On Parallels 18.2.0 with Windows 10 VM.
    Up until yesterday, the Windows VM seemed to load in a normal time of perhaps 30 seconds. Yesterday something odd happened when trying to start the VM, where Windows just gave a blank gray screen. I was able to solve the problem using Scenario 1 given at https://www.parallels.com/blogs/how-to-fix-the-black-screen-in-windows/. Essentially, invoke Task Manager to restart Explorer.
    However, after recovering the ability to start Windows, I immediately observed that Windows now takes 4-5 minutes to start. Once it gets started, performance seems normal.
    How to fix?

2. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    For us to further investigate the technical issue, kindly provide us with the following information:
    1. Collect a technical report (right-click Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and provide us with the report's 9-digit ID in reply to this post.
    Thanks

3. jasimon9

jasimon9 Member

The problem is no longer occurring. I suspect it may have had something to do with an external disk drive that went bad. So no further assistance requested at this time.