Windows 10 upgrade error code 80070005

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by raviolivacuole, Jul 27, 2016.

1. raviolivacuole

raviolivacuole Bit poster

I have tried to upgrade my Toshiba laptop to windows 10 tens of times using get windows 10, media creation tool and windows 10 upgrade assistant and every time I get right up to installation and it fails and says "Something Happened" giving me the error code 80070005
    Please Help Me!

2. Dhana@Parallels

Dhana@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi raviolivacuole,
    This forum is for Parallels users who are running Windows as a virtual operating system on a Mac computer. Please let us know if you are using Parallels Desktop for Mac or a regular Windows PC. If you are not aware of our software, kindly visit our webpage http://parallels.com/ for more information.
    Thanks,Dhana.

3. jimcoyle

jimcoyle Hunter

If it is any consolation, I too have had the same issue. I was able to at least run the installer by quitting the Wi-Fi connection after the update had downloaded, but after it had run, there was no change to my system at all. Running a clean install results in some sort of graphics error where after logging in, all I get is a black screen. I'm not sure if the issue here is Microsoft's or Parallels' but I'm leaning toward Microsoft. Many people on real PCs have had the same issues.

4. Guys, looks like this issue is related to the Windows update: please check this thread