Windows 10 Won't Activate

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ShawnM4, Jan 8, 2018.

1. ShawnM4

ShawnM4 Bit poster

I purchased a new Windows 10 license and installed it on my MacBook for Bootcamp. After installing Parallels, I was able to run Windows 10 but it kept asking me to activate it. Unfortunately it wouldn't let me. After that, Windows started freezing up. I've uninstalled Parallels and I'm back to running Windows 10 on Bootcamp successfully. I've read that others are having activation problems without success. What are the solutions to this activation issue? May be in search of a refund for Parallels.

Shawn

2. PaulW9

PaulW9 Bit poster

I had the same issue, or at least similar - in that if I booted into boot camp it would activate as one PC, switching back to macOS and using Parallels would register it as another and then it gets confused for some reason. Maybe the hardware is different so Windows sees them as two machines. It also seems that when I logged in to Windows, it assigns the Windows license to the user ID (Windows Live account). I suspect this makes things more complicated - but I found the only way to get this to work and reactivate properly was to do the following: In a Command Prompt, run as Administrator, run the command LSMGR.VBS /IPK followed by your product id. Then run SLMGR.VBS /ATO to activate. Trying to do this through the settings panes just fails with unhelpful error messages. I hope this works for you. I'm not sure how long it will last before you have to do it again. Good luck!

3. Hi ShawnM4. Please refer this article to activate Windows installed from BootCamp partition.