Windows 10 won't install

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by GarrettH, Jul 2, 2016.

1. GarrettH

GarrettH Bit poster

I downloaded the .iso file for Windows 10 directly from the link from Parallels, but it's telling me it's not Windows 10. Which makes no sense. Help? This is the install file that Parallels doesn't think is Windows 10.
    Win10_1511_2_English_x64.iso
    Thanks

2. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

Hi GarrettH, use this link to download Windows 10 ISO file and follow the steps mentioned in this article to install it in Parallels Desktop for Mac.

3. GarrettH

GarrettH Bit poster

Thanks Arun, I followed your instructions and this time Parrallels let me continue the process. But then upon Windows Installation I got message saying I needed to install missing drivers. I looked it up and found this forum giving a solution. It appears the original .ISO file I downloaded may have been only partially downloaded so I'm redownloading Windows again from the link you sent.

"This issue occurs due to a truncated download, possibly caused by a proxy server, or issues with the download caching server when the ISO file was originally downloaded. Most likely, the size of the ISO file that was actually downloaded is different from the size that is given on the download site.

To resolve this issue, compare the download ISO file size on Microsoft's website to the size of the file that was actually downloaded.

If there is any discrepancy, try to download the ISO in a way that bypasses the proxy server (if you are using one) or download it from another location and compare the size of the download and MD5 or SHA1 hash figures with those on Microsoft's site. For more information, see Verifying the integrity of downloaded installer files (1537)."

4. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi GarrettH,
    Thats good to hear and thanks for sharing the information. Let us know how it goes after re-downloading the Windows 10 ISO from the link we shared.