Windows 11 and GNAT Studio from AdaCore

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by brandonlooksdumb, Nov 9, 2021.

1. brandonlooksdumb

brandonlooksdumb Bit poster

Hello,

Being a MacBook M1 user and a university student, I have to use tools that work only on Windows and rarely on Mac. So I tried Parallels Desktop with the trial period and I was very convinced so I concluded that I should buy a license.
    However, I realize that one software in particular is having trouble running properly.

I am studying in a University Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science, and currently we are programming in Ada. So I have to use the GNAT Studio software (https://www.adacore.com/download). The software seems to work correctly at first sight but after a while it freezes and the only way to stop it is to force the stop via the task manager.
    I would like to point out that the software runs perfectly on my desktop computer at home with Windows 10.

I don't know if this is a problem with AdaCore or if the VM is not powerful enough.

If someone would have a possible solution, I'm interested even if I'm aware that not many people are programming in Ada!