Windows 11 on M1 MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by richjh, Feb 24, 2023.

1. richjh

richjh Bit poster

I know that can run Windows 11 on m1 MacBook Pro will run but can you run older PC software thru Windows 11? I'm trying to find a workaround to run my older PC operating software.

2. JohnW70

JohnW70 Member

The oldest Windows application using Windows 11 on my M1 MacBook Air dates from 2002, another is from 2009. Though 32-bit, they run well enough. What is impossible is running previous versions of Windows (Windows 10 is the first ARM-compatible).

3. Nazeemabanu@P

Nazeemabanu@P Moderator

Hello, If you're trying to run an application in Windows 11 on Arm, kindly use our 14 days Parallels Desktop trail and check. If it doesn't start or crashes right upon launch, we advise you to enable compatibility settings: right-click the application icon > Properties > Compatibility tab > Change emulation settings as mentioned in this link - third-party apps on M1. thanks.

4. richjh

richjh Bit poster

I need to run Microsoft Fron Page

5. SameekshaM

SameekshaM Bit poster

Are there any drawbacks to running Windows 11 on an M1 MacBook Pro?

6. JohnW70

JohnW70 Member

The best advice is that from Nazeemabanu@Parallels
    Having said that, the reviews on https://archive.org/details/microsoft-office-front-page-2003 imply that it works on Windows 11.
    Having located a FrontPage 2003 installer, my M1 MacBook Air on Windows 11 went as far as the point where you have to enter a key.
    I don't have one, so had to stop there, but it looks hopeful. It is always best to make sure everything works before you pay for software.

richjh likes this.
  7. richjh

richjh Bit poster

I would love to run Microsoft front page 2003. I guess I just need to try it.
    Sounds hopeful. It's worth a try. I've kept my 2015 MacBook Pro which does run this program but I don't want to keep both.