Windows 11 Preview - Using 32GB Memory

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by danderson2, Nov 18, 2021.

1. danderson2

danderson2 Bit poster

I just picked up the new M1 Max MBP, and it's blazing fast. Parallels is super responsive, and I'm overall happy with the updates.

The only question I have is about the amount of memory Windows 11 consumes. My MBP has 32 GB, and according to Activity Viewer, W11 is consuming 30+ GBs of memory. I'm using Parallel's default settings, and on several occasions, I've received "out of memory" errors. I don't see Windows listed in Activity Viewer on my Intel-based MBP, but the virtual machine is only consuming 500mbs of memory.

Again, everything overall feels excellent, and I'm happy with both my MBP and Parallels. However, I'm curious to learn if my memory use is consistent with other users and whether I should exchange it for the 64GB version.

2. Foodp1

Foodp1 Bit poster

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2021
  3. danderson2

danderson2 Bit poster

Thanks that sounds like the same issue. My only concern now is that I'm running macOS Monterey 12.

4. TimL21

TimL21 Bit poster

I am having this issue, and it is not the bug listed. Running the command shows my actual memory usage lines up with what Activity Monitor shows.