Windows 11 - Start & Search non responsive / Coherence graphics artefacts

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by JohnSyr, Dec 15, 2022.

1. JohnSyr

JohnSyr Bit poster

Hi all,
    The below has been happening every few days (starting with builds before the summer) up until now.
    When in Coherence, with no warning, clicking on Start (Flag) or Search, does nothing - you can see the icons being pressed, but no menus come up. Weirdly, right-clicking on Start, will bring up the Context Menu. Exiting Coherence will not fix this, only a restart will.

I'm trying to figure if this is a Parallels bug or a Windows bug, has anyone else noticed this?

Also and definitely a Parallels bug for a long time, in Coherence, notifications or pop-up dialogues always get drawn with a larger 'extra' background behind them. Others getting this too? See attached example.

Tks!

Attached Files:

2. LarryC1

LarryC1 Bit poster

Hi @JohnSyr
    Have you noticed any developments on this issue? It happens to me quite frequently. The worst part for me is that when Start stops working, I am then unable to copy from a Windows app to a Mac app and vice versa. In fact, I often notice the copy problem first, then I check and confirm the Start has stopped working. The only way to fix it seems to be to restart or reset Windows, which of course interrupts everything else I was doing.

3. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    For us to further assist you, kindly provide us with the following information:
    1. Detailed explanation, with all steps by steps followed, to reproduce the issue.
    2. Screenshot of error message you are receiving (if any).
    3. While reproducing the issue, collect a technical report (right-click Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and provide us with the report's 9-digit ID in reply to this post.
    Thanks.

4. LarryC1

LarryC1 Bit poster

Hi,
    I do not know how to reproduce the issue or I would. It happens at random times and I often don't know exactly when it happens until I try to do something that doesn't work.
    The simple explanation is that I am working in Coherence mode with several apps open in Windows and a couple in Mac - usually over 2-4 monitors (incl Macbook). Most of the time I notice it when I try to copy an image or text from a Mac app to a Windows app or vice versa and it doesn't work. At that point, I know something is wrong. If I try the Windows Start button or Search field, they do not work either. At this point, I have to close the Windows app and either restart or reset Windows. I sent the technical data but there are no screenshots to send unless you want a screenshot of a Windows Start button doing nothing.