Windows 11 Update 0xc1900101 Error

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by FabioP4, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Stanislas

Stanislas Junior Member

And I'm paying for that

2. AllenC6

AllenC6 Bit poster

I think they should extend our subscription and pause our payment until the problem be fixed

3. LeRoi

LeRoi Hunter

VMWare has other interesting problems. For one, once Canary is installed, VMWare reports that your Win11 Canary virtual machine is not capable of running Windows update (even though you have the latest Canary version installed). Secondly, you have to manually install the network drivers if you want to finish the install. I've been running VMWare for Mac since it was released, and those problems sent me to Parallels after the last Fusion beta. Because every other Insider version of Win11 seems to install correctly on Parallels, I'm postulating that MS changed something in Canary which prevents it being installed in Parallels. I run Beta, Developer and Canary in the same configuration on a Mac Studio Ultra and have no problem updating Beta and Developer. For Canary, i've been on Preview 25992 and unable to update since its release.
    And as a side note: The HP Printer 2.7.1854 is also not installing on Canary on Parallels with Install error - 0x80070002 (and yep, I've tried all the work arounds to attempt to alleviate the problem. I finally downloaded it from HP and manually installed it.)

4. LeRoi

LeRoi Hunter

I think this is a Microsoft problem, not a Parallels one. All of the other Windows Insider releases install with no problem. If it were a Parallels problem, that probably would not be the case.

5. MarcinB3

MarcinB3 Bit poster

As you can read in one of above replies under VMWare there are no problem. So it points that this is Parallels related problem.

6. RaphaelJ2

RaphaelJ2 Bit poster

over here, 26020.1000 installs, and gives an angry bluescreen on reboot... good thing I do snapshots before windows updates

7. LeRoi

LeRoi Hunter

What machine, year, memory, processor, etc.

8. LeRoi

LeRoi Hunter

I have posted this problem on the MS Insider forum since Canary version 25997. I've been posting that problem here since Version 19.1.x.x. Tere is a long string of posts on the many ways I have attempted to fix this problem. Originally I thought it was a Parallels problem but both the Insider Beta and Dev versions upgrade and operate as expected. Only the Canary build does not work. I have come to the conclusion that MS changed something which prevents updating to versions beyond 25992.

9. MarcinB3

MarcinB3 Bit poster

Stange. I have received a ticket update from Parallesl and they stated that I should ask MS for a solution.
    I don't undestand their (Parallels) solution because I was hoping for a solution for the problem.
    They should be in touch together and serve a solution for us (customers that pay for).
    Why should I have to pay for Parallels subscription that in my (and many others) case simply don't work.

IF there was a MS change I'm sure that they should work together and Parallels should adapt to that change and prepare a fix.
    Parallels sell product to virtualize MS Windows on a MAC and it simply stopped working. From Parallels customer point of view at the moment I have a product that does't do its job.

MichelF4 likes this.
  10. LeRoi

LeRoi Hunter

I don't know the details of the relationship between Parallels and MS and if it's a casual or a written in stone contract. Knowing MS (and I started with DOS 1.0 coming from PDP8 machine language and CPM), they can decide on a whim to change something. I'm sure that eventually the two companies will find a solution (I sure hope so, anyway).

11. AllenC6

AllenC6 Bit poster

My Microsoft Insider License will be expired. Can't update is a disaster !

12. ShunsukeN

ShunsukeN Bit poster

It seems that Microsoft has fixed this issue in build 26040. I successfully updated it on Parallels 19 running on my M1 Max MacBook Pro in my environment.

Stanislas likes this.
  13. AllenC6

AllenC6 Bit poster

Where I can download 26040 version ISO to install ? Thanks

14. ShunsukeN

ShunsukeN Bit poster

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-i...1-insider-preview-build-26040-canary-channel/

There is a link at the top of the Windows Insider blog to obtain the ISO. You must be logged into an MS account subscribed to Insider; otherwise, you will see a blank page or an error page. It might also be possible to create the ISO using third-party tools like UUP dump, but I have not tried this.

In my case, after downloading the ISO on a Mac, I was able to update to build 26040 by booting into an expired Canary build of Windows, logging in, mounting the ISO, and running the setup contained within the ISO.
    In another VM that was running a newer build where Windows Update was working properly, the update was successful through Windows Update.

Stanislas likes this.
  15. Stanislas

Stanislas Junior Member

upgrade to 26040 works with windows update

16. mnfe

mnfe Bit poster

I could not get Build 26040.1000 to install on my Intel MBP running Parallels 19 with either the Parallels or Apple Hypervisor.

17. BradenC

BradenC Bit poster

I was able to get 26040.1000 installed on my Intel MBP, both using Windows Update and by installing fresh from ISO, by:
    1. Using the Apple hypervisor (Parallels hypervisor still not working on Intel hardware)
    2. Switching HDD from NVMe to SATA (perhaps a new/seperate bug in 26040)

18. Stanislas

Stanislas Junior Member

Device name WIN11ARM1
    Processor Apple Silicon 3.20 GHz (4 processors)
    Installed RAM 6,00 GB
    Device ID A84E33A2-8307-470F-934A-4E9EA8B850FE
    Product ID 00331-10000-00001-AA947
    System type 64-bit operating system, ARM-based processor
    Pen and touch Pen support

Edition Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview
    Version 23H2
    Installed on ‎27/‎01/‎2024
    OS build 26040.1000
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.26040.1000.0

This is a copy of system under parallels

19. FabienM1

FabienM1 Bit poster

I can confirm that the last Canary Build, distributed through Windows Update is working fine on my M1 Pro, with the last Parallels 19 version sithout changing any settings.

MarcinB3 likes this.
  20. denethor

denethor Junior Member

Ok now we are back to normal. I can also confirm that build 26040.1000 canary with Paralles 19.2.1 works fine. Installed as an in-pace upgrade with UUDump ISO.