Windows 11 VM Incorrect User Login

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DavidH93, Oct 27, 2021.

1. DavidH93

DavidH93 Bit poster

Good morning,
    I've been using a Windows 10 VM with Parallels for several years without incident. I recently created a new Windows 11 VM from a disk image (not an upgrade, but a new VM) and whenever I launch or restart it, some process attempts to log me into Windows using my Mac username. I never created a Windows user with that username, and my Windows 11 VM has no user by that name. Regardless, the Win11 login screen after launch/restart is auto-filled with my Mac username, accompanied by an error message reading "Incorrect username or password." If I do nothing for several minutes, the screen goes away and I see a normal Windows login screen that shows the Win11 users that actually exist.

This is new behavior that does not occur in my Windows 10 VM. I suspect it has something to do with the secure boot settings or the virtual TPM pulling in my Mac username, but I can't figure out how to disable or change this. The Win11 VM is isolated from my Mac and presumably not sharing anything. I would prefer not to set up my Win11 VM to autologin. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Dave

2. alev

alev Parallels Team