Windows 7 <> 2 X client overlap taskbar issue

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by pearsondan99, Apr 5, 2011.

1. pearsondan99

pearsondan99 Guest

Hi,

This is one of those annoying things head scratching isnt working out! we have a client running windows 7 with dual screen monitors that when they connect to a 2x session (application server) their windows 7 tool bar is always present and annoys the hell out of them, the same happens with mac clients. We have tested using straight RDP and this isnt an issue - can anyone advise how to resolve this? our short term work around is to hide the task bar ont he local machine but there must be another way to do this if RDP works

thanks in advance

Dan

2. zippo

zippo Pro

are you running a published desktop or a published applications?

if you are running a desktop ensure that you publish it as full screen

3. pearsondan99

pearsondan99 Guest

Its a published desktop and yes its set to full screen seems weird it only seems to be an issue on one machine

4. simonz

simonz Guest

I'm facing the same problem as well, when i launch the application publish from 2X and maximize to full screen i'm not able to see the taskbar and it seem overlap it. I've attached the screenshot from the pc.

Any solution for this issue?

5. davidsaliba

davidsaliba Guest

Silly question but worth checking
    Did you check if the Keep task bar on top is enabled on the client OS?

6. simonz

simonz Guest

Yes, ofcourse that option on the taskbar is enable. Any solutions on this?

7. enaran

enaran Guest

I'm having the same issue.
    Published applications when running in maximised state are overlapping the task bar.
    Local apps do not behave this way and I have checked that the task bar is on top.
    Any ideas?