Windows 7 (Is content of zipped file viewable in file Browser? What is MAXOSX folder in zipped file?

JeremyF1

Bit poster
Host OS: macOS 10.12.3
Guest OS: Windows 7 Professional
Parallels: 12.1.3
---------------------

I have a database as a package on macOS 10.12.3. In the Finder I see the database package. See red #1:

p01.png


On the Mac I compress the database using the Finder's contextual menu. After compressing, I see the compressed database. See red #2:

p02.png


In the Parallels virtual machine, I specify that the "test_move" folder is to be shared. See red #3:

p03.png


In my Windows 7 virtual machine, I open the Parellels shared folder and see the "test_move" folder. The "test_move" folder appears in the sidebar (left) and the detail pane (right.) See red #4 and #5:

p04.png


I click the disclosure triangle for the "test_move" folder, and the "test_move" folder's content is revealed. See red #6:

p05.png


I notice a disclosure triangle for the zipped database (i.e., "jeremy_shell.4dbase.zip"). See red #7:

p06.png


I click the disclosure triangle for the zipped database, and the contents of the zipped file is revealed. See red #8:

p07.png



QUESTIONS:
  1. Is the content of a zipped file viewable in the File browser WITHOUT uncompressing the zipped file? (On the Mac I would have to unzipp "jeremy_shell.4dbase.zip" to see its contents.)
  2. Why is there an additional folder named "_MACOSX"?
 
Back
Top