windows 7 network driver missing

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by tumaru, Apr 13, 2010.

1. tumaru

tumaru Bit poster

I am trying to fix a clients computer who has parallel desktop 4 with windows 7 as the guest os.

The problem is that the drivers for the network are missing.

I unforchantly don't have his numbers so I can't put the support request into parallels itself. I have told him that he should upgrade to version 5 but he says that he has upgraded many times in the past 6-9 months and that they were all fairly pricey upgrades that he hasn't been able to use yet because he lacked the skills to fix the various issues he didn't even know about.

2. KaseyO

KaseyO Bit poster

I have a similar problem, I think. When I am in the windows guest OS, windows can't find any trace of internet connection. The host system is a new iMac with Airport Wireless on AND a direct ethernet line connected to the internet. They are both working fine on the mac side (as I'm posting this online), but the windows side doesn't seem to have any access to the networking devices on the Mac side.

3. BenjaminJ

BenjaminJ Bit poster

Install Tools

I had the same issue, and it was resolved by installing the Parallels tools into the VM which installed the necessary drivers

4. BillyR

BillyR Bit poster

Go to menu "Parallels->Virtual Machine->Reinstall Parallels Tools" and execute, it will restore all the necessary drivers for your video, sound card, and network interface.

5. LIAM

LIAM Bit poster

@BillyR
    Hi BillyR
    Your wrote " Go to menu "Parallels->Virtual Machine->Reinstall Parallels Tools" and execute, it will restore all the necessary drivers for your video, sound card, and network interface. "
    can you pls explain how to go paralles ==>> Virtual machine ==>> reinstall paralles tools , I tried a lot, but can not find it, either in parallel control center or configuration or any other place.......