Windows 7 new install onto Desktop/Mac 5.0 "CD/DVD device driver not found" error

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by jamesmbond, Nov 6, 2009.

1. DavidGt

DavidGt Bit poster

Possible Solutions - Works for me

Hi, I get the same error, and I tried all the possibles solutions that you post in this thread, but I try this:

when the installation prompts you to Install the drivers for CD/DVD, just eject your Windows 7 Installation Disk and then put it back again in your Cd/DVD drive, it seems that installation skip the stept when promt you for the drivers, and then just promt you for witch windows do you want to install, so just select windows 7, and the installation continue without any problems.

That's works for me

Hugo

2. MinsuK

MinsuK Bit poster

Use IDE instead of SATA for CDROM

Finally, one thing that worked for me was to simply setup DVD drive as IDE device in its configuration instead of the default SATA. That worked great for me.

Good Luck.

3. PatrickJ

PatrickJ Member

I'm getting this error now as well (Para6). Never had a problem installing Windows before!

Win 7 both x86 and x64 - retail copy

4. PatrickJ

PatrickJ Member

I made a .dmg (as mentioned in a much older post in this thread) and I'm still getting the error.

5. PatrickJ

PatrickJ Member

I downgraded from 11990 to 6.0.11828 and this fixed the installing error issue, so just a heads up to the Parallels folks, there is definitely a problem in 11990 regarding fresh Win7 installations.

6. LynetteC

LynetteC Bit poster

Wow, That did work, thank you.

It took me a few minutes to figure out where to do that but I found it under Devices, CD/DVD, Configure. It definitely works. :D yay.