Windows 7 support

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by enaran, Aug 8, 2009.

1. enaran

enaran Guest

Hello,

Just wondering if there is an update of the Application Sever Client in the pipeline that will support Windows 7.
    Having used the RC for some time I can say that it works pretty well except for screen re-draw issues when minimising or closing applciations. It leaves an image or black box of the application on the screen until Windows decides to re-draw the desktop.

2. zippo

zippo Pro

Can you please specify the exact version of windows 7 and of the active x control version (this info can be shown from 2x Client, menu help

3. enaran

enaran Guest

Sure, Windows 7 build 7600 - 2X reports Control Version 6.1.7600 (70)

Cheers

4. nixu

nixu Guest

5. enaran

enaran Guest

Fantastic..

It works well - thank you

6. RajputSmurf

RajputSmurf Junior Member

I'm having this same issue and am running V7.1(build 660). Is this something that has been fixed in 7.3?

Thanks

7. nixu

nixu Guest

Yes the fix should be avail in version 7.3

nixu

8. Dear All,

Does it mean Windows 7 will be supported with Application Server 8.x and 7.x or even former verions?
    Customers are anxious for upgrade rewuirements.
    I appreciate your help!

9. nixu

nixu Guest

Hi there,

One can use 2X Client Version 7.3 on windows 7 with older 2X ApplicationServers.
    2X Client is always backward compatible, but new features that need a new 2X ApplicationServer will obviously not work.

Nixu