I just downloaded Parallels 5 to install windows 7 on my iMac (2.4 ghz Core 2 duo, 4 gig ram). Every time I run the install from a bootable Win 7 install disk, it gets stuck, throwing a "no bootable device found" error message. I've searched the forums, and the only answer people seem to get is make sure all your drives are selected in the boot order and that the drives are connected to Parallels. All true in my case. I am creating a virtual machine from scratch, not using a separate boot camp partition. I've tried using the Windows DVD as well as an iso image, all with the same results.
On searching this forum and Google in general, it seems this is not an uncommon problem, yet other than the two above solutions, no one seems to have solved this. Has anyone figured out this problem?
On searching this forum and Google in general, it seems this is not an uncommon problem, yet other than the two above solutions, no one seems to have solved this. Has anyone figured out this problem?